Past Blog Posts
– Surgery Part 1: The first installment of my eight-part hospital horror story, which recounts the horribly painful and frustrating post-op experience following my colectomy. To find the rest of the story, click on the links located at the top of each page, near the title.
– Dear Colon: My “Dear John” letter to my colon written a week before I had a total colectomy (the whole colon was removed). Proof that I was starting to lose my mind before the operation.
– How I Became an Alteregomaniac: The origin story of the Billy Boloby persona, which I created as a way to cope with my PSC and Crohn’s diagnoses. This one’s about health and music (and the importance of having awesome friends and family members offering their support).
– Idiot’s Guide to Chronic Illness: The title says it all, really. A half-serious, half-humorous look at the daily struggles of being a long-term patient.
– Billy Boloby Versus Crohn’s: A piece I wrote for New Times Broward-Palm Beach explaining my departure from the local music scene. (Hint: I got sick!)
– Healthcare Jokes: Here’s something I wrote for Purehoney magazine after one of my early, non-surgical hospital experiences was less than a fun time. (Of course, my complaints here seem silly in light of my colectomy post-op horror show.)